Bethany one of the youth workers from the Newry, Mourne and Down youth work team is back with another great tutorial. This time she is showing us how to create our own Chicken Satay and it looks delicious, this is definitely one to try for yourself at home!
To make this dish for yourself you will need:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 inch piece of root ginger
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 chicken breasts cut into pieces 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter 2-3 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, ginger and garlic fry over gentle heat stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and add to the frying pan. Increase the heat to medium and cook stirring until the chicken changes colour on all sides.
- Mix the peanut butter, water, chilli sauce, chilli powder and brown sugar together in a bowl. Add to chicken and stir well making sure all chicken is coated.
- Add coconut milk and stir.
- Leave simmering for around 10-15 minutes, stir to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Serve hot with rice or chips
As usual let us know how you get on with making your own version of this, why not share the finished product to your instagram stories and use the hashtags #GetCooking #StayConnected and #YouthOnline so that we can see your posts, we cant wait to see how it turns out!