If you are over 16 and interested in improving your writing skills we have found this great short course that is free to take and created by Open University and Future Learn (One note, whilst taking the course is free for 10 weeks, you don’t get a certificate/accreditation unless you pay a fee – but you can learn everything and some skills are as useful without the certificate, especially if you enjoy learning them).
If you want to be able to:
- Apply and learn to write fiction and generate stories by creating characters
- Investigate notions of writing from your experience and from research
- Explore using a writer’s notebook to develop ideas and increase observational awareness
- Identify and realise the importance of other authors and works to develop your skills in reading as a writer
- Develop your awareness of editing, in developing your vocabulary of style and presentation
- Identify and realise the importance of exchanging work and critical comment with fellow writers
This course is probably for you. So if you are over 16 and interested in writing click the button below to find out more:
Did you take this course? If so we would love to read any short stories you wrote whilst taking part, click the submit your activities button on the right hand side of the page and send us your creations. Don’t forget to #StayConnected.